Fire displaces family

STANLEY – A family was displaced from their home after a fire on Sunday, Feb. 20.

The home, at 1925 Hines Circle Road was destroyed by flames shortly after 4 p.m. according to a news release from the East Lincoln Fire Department.

The residents were home the time of the fire, but no one was injured in the blaze.

Upon seeing the smoke and flames coming from a breaker panel, the homeowner, Sammy West, gathered the family’s pets, exited the home with his wife and called 911.

After firefighters were dispatched and on their way to the scene, a back door blew open because of the heat and flames that had built up in the residence.

East Lincoln Fire Department arrived at the scene followed by Alexis, Denver and Lucia-Riverbend fire departments.

Capt. Ben Reagan with East Lincoln said that when firefighters arrived they could see smoke and flames from Old Plank Road as they approached.

“We knew we had a working structure fire when we received our dispatch, and as we approached, we could tell that we had our work cut out for us as flames and smoke were stretching across the length of the home,” Reagan said.

Firefighters from the area departments made their attack on the fire through doors, windows and even the roof. The fire crews utilized East Lincoln’s Ladder 31 to reach the roof, but the fire was already well under way in the short time it took firefighters to reach the home.

“We were able to save some of the contents of the home for the homeowners, but structurally, the fire has caused major damage,” Reagan said.

The cause of the fire appears to be electrical in nature, Reagan said.

Did you like this? Share it:

Leave a Reply