CHARLOTTE – Luquire George Andrews, an advertising, digital and public relations agency, has selected five Charlotte-area nonprofits to receive free services during the agency’s fourth annual Goodstock, a 24-hour marketing marathon being held Nov. 15-16 at LGA’s offices.
• Carolina Waterfowl Rescue’s goal is to help animals in need and eliminate the suffering of wildlife. Run by experienced, federally licensed migratory bird rehabilitators, CWR specializes in waterfowl and aims to return animals back into the wild or place them in appropriate homes, seeking the most appropriate and humane outcome for the birds in their care.
• A Child’s Place of Charlotte was founded in 1989, aims to erase the impact of homelessness on children and their education, reaching 2,228 children during the 2011-12 school year. In June 2012, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools reported 4,922 homeless students enrolled in the county’s public schools.
• Community Culinary School of Charlotte is a nonprofit organization that provides training and job search assistance in the food service industry for people who have experienced barriers to employment. CCSC is committed to helping adults who struggle with unemployment and underemployment achieve success in their careers and personal lives.
• Junior Achievement of Central Carolinas is a nonprofit organization that connects volunteers with students in grades K-12. Through in-class activities, JA BizTown, after-school programs and workplace experiences, students acquire the confidence to succeed. Junior Achievement of Central Carolinas mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy.
• KinderMourn provides hope for bereaved parents, grieving children and teens by offering support and counseling programs, creating awareness of bereavement issues and empowering the community to effectively assist those who have suffered an unthinkable loss.
Over the past three years, LGA has donated more than $750,000 worth of services to 20 area nonprofits during Goodstock.